December 29, 2014
Hecht, Kleeger & Damashek Settlements Rank Among New York Law Journal’s Top Settlements of 2014
By Jonathan Damashek
The New York Law Journal’s special section on the Top New York Settlements of 2014 includes a number of cases successfully handled by Hecht, Kleeger and Damashek, P.C. We are justifiably proud of the results we achieved this year because the settlements helped our clients recover from serious accidents, secure their futures and move forward with their lives.
In the introduction to the special supplement, Farrell McManus, associate publisher of New York Law Journal, writes, “The lawyers and law firms ranked in this special section represent the best of the best in 2014.”
The featured cases include the $4.5 million mediated settlement of a premises liability case that Jonathan S. Damashek and Jordan Hecht of Hecht, Kleeger and Damashek, P.C., obtained for an injured telecommunications worker who required multiple surgeries after a workplace fall.
The settlement ranked 10th among the top 25 settlements in New York in 2014, according to New York Law Journal.
Mr. Hecht and Mr. Damashek represented a telecommunications equipment installer who suffered injuries to his back, knee, neck and shoulder in a fall at a worksite and claimed that a subcontractor created a dangerous condition and that the site’s owners and manager failed to correct hazardous conditions leading to the accident.
Other notable settlements by Hecht, Kleeger and Damashek, P.C. recognized by New York Law Journal include the ranking and category of the settlement:
- #1 Motor Vehicle Accident Intersection Settlement—$1.25 million settlement for the victim of an intersection collision in which the victim suffered spinal injuries requiring surgery
- #2 Motor Vehicle Accident Passenger Settlement—$1.65 million settlement for the passenger who suffered neck and shoulder injuries
- #1 Slip and Fall Settlement—$2 million settlement for the victim of a slip on ice in a parking lot, causing spinal injuries and requiring spinal fusion
- #1 Premises Liability Negligent Assembly/Dangerous Condition —$2 million settlement for a client who suffered back and shoulder injuries when temporary stairs collapsed
- #6 Labor Law Workplace Negligence—$1.9 million settlement for a worker injured by a road that had been left unfinished.
The personal injury attorneys at Hecht, Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. are experienced trial lawyers who investigate cases thoroughly and advocate zealously on behalf of injured clients to achieve notable results.