June 20, 2019
$2,175,000 – Elderly Woman Burned By Hot Water Explosion – Premises Liability
Plaintiff, a 76-year-old widow, was home alone when she was burned by scalding water in her apartment. The accident was caused by a faulty pipe buried within the walls of her apartment that exploded causing the water to leak. Plaintiff suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns as a result of the accident. Hecht Kleeger & Damashek, P.C., discovered seven-year-old documents which indicated that the landlord should have known about the defective pipes. Hecht Kleeger & Damashek, P.C., partner, Jonathan Damashek secured a $2,175,000.00 settlement for the plaintiff.
The outcome of an individual case depends on a variety of factors unique to that case. Case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any similar or future case.