January 27, 2017


By Jonathan Damashek

Posted in

Go to the main Auto Accidents page

Whom should I call first if I am involved in a motor vehicle accident?

Your own well-being should always be priority. Even if the accident was minor, your first call should be to 911.

Can I leave the scene of an accident if I am not injured and my car is not damaged?

Leaving the scene of an accident without handling the steps related to that accident is known as “hit-and-run”. This type of behavior may result in felony charges.

What information should I gather from other parties involved in the collision?

Names, contact information (cellphone, address, etc.), insurance information, license plate numbers, and driver’s license numbers are key information you’ll need if you want to file a claim later.

What is the role of a police-officer in an accident?

The role of an officer is extremely important. Not only he or she will mediate the situation, but the officer will also file a report about the incident that will later serve as an official document proving that the accident occurred. This report is also trusted by insurance companies as a basis for filing claims. The police will interview any witnesses and take notes of the state of the road and other conditions that might have caused the accident.

What kind of evidence should I collect at the motor vehicle accident scene?

Contact information, photos of all vehicle damage, a list of physical injuries, and you should note the condition of the road. All of this information will make a difference in a future potential claim.

Being in a motor vehicle accident is stressful and traumatic. If you or a loved one is injured in an incident of this type, contact us immediately for a free consultation. We will analyze your case and explain you your legal rights.