July 29, 2019

$1,180,000 – Injured Building Maintenance Worker – Premises Liability – Burns

Plaintiff, a maintenance worker, was badly burned while refinishing a wooden floor with polyurethane. Plaintiff was operating a sander when a spark ignited the pilot light of a stove causing an explosion. Plaintiff sued the manufacturer of the polyurethane for product liability and defective warnings; and the building owner for negligence. The case was tried by Hecht Kleeger & Damashek, P.C., partner, Jordan Hecht, who was able to establish that the gas had not been disconnected thus causing the explosion. The case settled for $1,180,000.00 while the jury was deliberating.

The outcome of an individual case depends on a variety of factors unique to that case. Case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any similar or future case.