March 14, 2021

What Should I Do After a Construction Accident in Manhattan?

By Jonathan Damashek

Posted in

Go to the main Construction Accidents page

If you were involved in a construction accident in Manhattan, you need to contact an NYC Construction Accident Lawyer as soon as possible. You may have to fight to get your medical bills and lost wages covered. Hecht, Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. is on your side. Call us today at (212) 490-5700 or use our online contact form to reach out.

Go To the Emergency Room or Doctor

The first thing you should do after a construction accident is to get medical attention. No matter how bad your injuries are, you should go to the doctor to establish a baseline record for your condition’s severity. Even if you don’t think you’re badly injured, you need to go to an emergency room, trauma center, or primary care physician.

Some ERs you can go to in Manhattan include:

If you didn’t go to the emergency room right away, you could still see a regular doctor after the fact. If you don’t have a primary care physician, you can use the Find a Doctor option on the Mount Sinai website. You can search for a doctor by specialty, zip code, and name.

Call an NYC Construction Accident Lawyer

When you’re injured, you will have many expenses. You need to file a work injury claim that may involve New York Workers’ Compensation or a third-party claim against someone else.

Hecht, Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. focuses on construction accidents, so we have the specialized knowledge to handle your claim. We know how to gather all of the evidence and file a claim that will be successful with the insurance company. We will determine how much your claim is worth and make a demand for an acceptable settlement.

Only Tell the People Who Need To Know

It can be tempting to post on social media about your construction injuries or tell everyone you know that you’ve been hurt. People may want regular updates about your condition. However, you should avoid talking about your construction accident or injuries to anyone other than your doctors and attorney.

Insurance companies will use everything you say to anyone as evidence. For example, if you post on Facebook that you “were in an accident, but are okay,” the insurance company may claim you aren’t injured. It’s important not to give them this ammunition.

Instead, only talk to your doctors about your injuries. Don’t talk to them about finances, and tell your attorneys everything about your claim and what you’ve said and experienced.

Contact HKD For Help With Your Manhattan Construction Accident Claim

If you were injured in Manhattan, make sure you see a doctor or go to an emergency room as quickly as possible. After that, call your attorney to begin a claim.

Call Hecht, Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. at (212) 490-5700 or use our online contact form to reach out.