Find Your Personal Injury
Nearly 30 million Americans—or 1 out of 10—will seek emergency treatment for an injury this year. Another 120,000 will be fatally injured due to an accident
. Injuries are a fact of life, but that doesn’t mean you have to accept what happened to you, especially if your injury was caused by someone else’s carelessness or recklessness.
Notable Verdicts and Settlements in Personal Injury Cases
HKD has earned membership in both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum, prestigious groups of U.S. trial lawyers. Personal injury awards that helped us win that honor include:
- $9 million for two construction workers with neck, back, shoulder and other injuries after being struck by a cement block while on a scaffold
- $8 million for a child burned by scalding shower water
- $7.6 million for a wrongful death caused by asbestos exposure
- $3.3 million for a union iron worker with serious leg and ankle injuries after a fall of 25 feet from an unprotected staircase
- $3 million for an iron worker with a serious ankle injury and multiple complications after tripping and falling over construction debris
- $3 million on behalf of a woman who was forced to undergo leg amputation due to a medical error
This is a partial list of our successes. For a complete listing of HKD’s top legal success stories, check out our verdicts and settlements page.
Personal Injury Lawyer Cases HKD Handles
If you’ve suffered a personal injury anywhere in New York City (NYC), turn to Hecht Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. We have 75 years of combined experience with personal injury claims – and we’ve obtained more than $200 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Let our experienced law firm stand up for your rights. We’ll make sure the legal system works for you, not against you.
The types of injuries that an accident victim might suffer are too numerous to name, but our accident and injury lawyers have handled thousands of claims, including:
- Burn injuries resulting from chemical burns, electrical exposure burns, fire and scalding water.
- Catastrophic injuries, including broken bones, joint injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and soft tissue injuries.
- Breast cancer, stroke, blood clots, heart disease, and other injuries caused by dangerous drug sand medical devices like Fosamax, Yaz/Yasmin, SSRI antidepressants, hormone replacement therapy (HRT), and transvaginal mesh.
- Birth injuries, surgical errors, medication errors, diagnostic errors, and other injuries resulting from medical malpractice.
- Nervous system injuries from the toxic effects of lead poisoning and asbestos exposure.
- Fatal injuries that lead to wrongful death claims.
To further help you with your research on your claim, our page is organized by accident type (airplane accidents, boating accidents, construction accidents, etc.). We also provide a Resources Section and a frequently asked questions page.
Hire Personal Injury Lawyers with a Strong Record of Success
When you file a claim in Manhattan New York, you’re not just going up against the person or organization that injured you. You’re also facing their insurance company and defense attorneys. Shouldn’t you have representation of your own? Turn to the firm that has obtained more than $200 million in accident and injury cases.
Make sure your interests are protected. Speak with the experienced legal team at Hecht Kleeger & Damashek. Contact our firm today for a free case review.