March 27, 2020
What to Expect During Our Free Case Consultation
By Jonathan Damashek
Finding a skilled lawyer is the most important aspect of recovering the compensation that you deserve after an accident. Your legal counsel must have experience in helping victims who were hurt through no fault of their own. In addition to understanding how the legal system will apply to you, your lawyer must also have the compassion to understand how your injury affects your life. An initial case consultation is a great opportunity to meet a New York injury lawyer and learn how they’ll approach your case. Our free case consultation also allows for our team to gather information about your injury, and to begin planning how we can recover damages for you.
Contact Hecht, Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. to schedule a free case consultation if you or a loved one have been injured through the negligent actions of someone else. This consultation can help you understand your options for recovery if you choose to have our firm handle your case. Our attorneys have represented many injury victims in New York, and we know how to pursue fair financial damages that can help you and your family as you recover. To schedule a consultation, call our office today at (212) 490-5700.
Things That You Can Learn in Our Free Case Consultation
Your life can change significantly after a sudden accident. Many people do not know what steps to take after being badly hurt through someone else’s actions. It’s essential that you seek skilled medical help as soon as possible after an injury. The next most important step you can take is to speak with an experienced injury lawyer. This can help you understand your rights for financial recovery. Every injury case is different, but some things you can learn in your free case consultation with us include:
- The strength of your case: A knowledgeable injury attorney can review the details of your case and give you their opinion on your likelihood of success. Since our firm only makes money when our clients’ recover damages, we have an incentive to accurately determine the strength of your case.
- The timeframe of your case: An attorney can make sure that you understand how New York’s statute of limitations will apply to your case. We can also illustrate the general timeline of successful claims for damages.
- What we need from you: The injured party can play an important role in helping their attorney build a strong case. Things that we may need include witness information, medical histories, and a general timeline of events leading up to your injury.
- Damages that you may recover: Injury victims can be faced with living expenses along with high medical bills that continue to grow over time. Consulting with a lawyer can help you understand the compensation that you might be able to recover in a personal injury claim.
A Lawyer Will Seek to Learn a Lot About Your Accident
Our legal team will need to learn as much as possible about your case in order to begin a claim. Even strong cases can be hard fought by the other side, and New York’s statute of limitations law makes it essential that your lawyer act without delay. A free case consultation allows for your prospective lawyer to gain as much understanding about your situation as possible. While hearing your side of the story, we seek to learn about how your injury has impacted your life. In addition to getting a picture of your financial costs, this also involves gaining an understanding about how your daily routine may have been impacted. Questions we may ask you during your initial case consultation may include:
- What are the chain of events that resulted in your injury?
- Who do you think holds responsibility? (It could be more than one party)
- Who were the people present who may be considered witnesses?
- Were police informed, and was a report filed with authorities?
- What are the details of your injuries?
- Did you receive medical care, and if so, how soon after your accident did you see a doctor?
- What was the extent of the property damage you sustained?
- What are the details of any insurance coverage you have?
- What do you know about the other parties involved, and do they have insurance?
- How much have you paid for your treatment so far?
Hecht, Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. Can Help You After an Injury
A skilled attorney can help you through every part of the recovery process after you are hurt through no fault of your own. It’s important to have legal counsel who takes the time to understand what you’re going through. Our attorneys have worked with many families after someone’s life has been turned upside down after a sudden accident. We know how important it is for you to get your life back on track. A free case consultation will help you understand your rights and options if you choose to seek financial damages from a negligent party. Speaking with an attorney about your case can provide you with an understanding of the process ahead of you, and it can also be very informative for your legal counsel. It’s important to act without delay after you are seriously injured in an accident.
Contact Hecht, Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. to discuss your case with a skilled New York personal injury lawyer. We have represented many accident victims, and we know how important compensation is for you to move forward with your life. Call our office at (212) 490-5700.