Our Personal Injury Attorneys
How a New York City Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Hecht Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. is a New York City personal injury law firm with attorneys who have more than 75 years of combined experience, representing individuals who have been seriously injured through the negligence or wrongdoing of others. We understand how upsetting, frightening, and confusing it can be for victims and their loved ones when someone has sustained a serious injury. We fight hard to protect the rights of our clients and will pursue full cash value for your injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost wages.
Our experienced New York personal injury attorneys have recovered more than $250 million in settlements and verdicts from our many years of practicing personal injury law. We have a reputation for being fierce litigators, and Hecht Kleeger & Damashek has earned the respect of insurance companies and their attorneys. Our lawyers will work hard to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf, but we will not hesitate to go to trial if this will better serve your long-term interests. Insurance company representatives are more likely to agree to a favorable settlement out of court when they know that you will be represented by a firm with a strong track record in court. Read below to learn more about our attorneys.
Types of Cases We Handle at Hecht Kleeger & Damashek
Our practice is dedicated exclusively to representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters. The types of accidents and injuries we handle include:
- Car accidents: Many car crashes happen in New York City every day. As reported by NYC Police Department, there were 17,842 traffic collisions citywide in a single recent month.
- Truck accidents: 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles. In an accident involving a large truck and a passenger vehicle, the occupants of the passenger vehicle are likely to suffer serious injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycles are less conspicuous than passenger vehicles and drivers often cause accidents because they fail to see motorcycles on the road.
- Pedestrian accidents: Although walking is good for your mental and physical health, pedestrians face the risk of injury in traffic accidents with motor vehicles, particularly in major cities such as New York City.
- Boating accidents: Many boating accidents are caused by careless, inattentive, or intoxicated operators. If you have been injured in such an accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Drowning accidents: In many cases, drowning or near drowning is caused by the negligence of private, commercial, or government entities or by individuals.
- Airplane accidents: A plane crash can result in catastrophic injuries or death. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an airplane accident caused by pilot error or a mechanical malfunction, you need a seasoned personal injury attorney to represent you in a complex aviation accident case.
- Bus accidents: Because of the size of buses and the large amounts of metal and glass they contain, bus accidents can cause serious injuries to victims.
- Ferry accidents: Ferries are subject to federal safety regulations, enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard and state law. Any violation of these regulations leading to an accident could give rise to a personal injury claim.
- Construction accidents: Construction workers are at risk for accidents and injuries, particularly in New York City. More than 20 percent of all work-related fatalities in 2013 happened in the construction industry, as reported by the S. Department of Labor (DOL).
- Spinal cord injury: When spinal cord injury is caused by any type of accident, victims may suffer paralysis (paraplegia or quadriplegia).
- Medical malpractice: Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., as reported by Healthcare IT News.
- Premises liability: An accident that happens on someone else’s property due to owner negligence can give rise to a premises liability claim.
- Slip or trip and fall accidents: Falls can cause serious injuries, including traumatic brain injury. When someone trips or slips and falls on someone else’s property due to property owner negligence, the injured victim may have a premises liability claim.
- Product liability: When dangerous and defective products cause injury to consumers, product manufacturers should be held accountable.
- Civil rights litigation: If your civil rights have been violated, our firm can help you hold responsible parties accountable.
Our cases have been ranked among the Top New York Settlements of 2014 listed in the New York Law Journal. Featured cases include a premises liability claim in which we obtained a mediated $4.5 million settlement for a telecommunications worker who was seriously injured in a work-related fall. This settlement was ranked 10th among the top 25 New York settlements in 2014 by the New York Law Journal.
What Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Do For You
In a personal injury claim, the lawyer you choose to represent you can make a real difference in the final outcome of your case. You need a New York personal injury lawyer with the knowledge and resources to deal with insurance companies and to work with medical professionals and accident reconstruction experts to build a strong case to establish negligence. That is exactly what you get when Hecht Kleeger & Damashek, P.C. represents you.
In addition to investigating your accident, our attorneys have the skills and resources to carefully evaluate the full extent of the injuries and losses you have suffered and the damages you may be entitled to claim. Once the value of your case is determined, we can negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf and press hard for a fair offer. Our goal is to recover maximum compensation for you.
If you have suffered serious personal injury or lost a loved one in a tragic accident due to another party’s negligence, contact us to get help. With Hecht Kleeger & Damashek, P.C., you will have a dedicated team of personal injury attorneys that have a history of success on your side.